Patch Notes 2017.3.0

New Season Patch Notes - Headquarters, Matchmaking, Scavenge and Steal and Unit Movement!
13:00, 16 July(Latest News)

Greetings Commanders,

Welcome to Patch Notes 2017.3.0, the first Patch Notes for Season 3 of Championship 2017.

We are going to reveal some most significant improvements for next season, which will be the highlight of Season 3!
We'll be focusing on making the Leaderboard competitive, with real battles on every capital unlock between squads at the same level. This is the most enjoyable experience of World War Online and we want it to be at the very center of the gameplay experience, at the same time we want the best squads to be qualified through merit of battles against squads at their level.

To kick start the season, we are going to be having a Double EXP on Tuesday 18th July starting from 9:30 UTC until Wednesday, 18th July 15:00 UTC, to help you all level up faster and start planning your squads and strategies to finish at the top of the podium!

To increase the competition and at the same time simplify Bases and Steal, we will be adding the following features this season, which will change the way you build Bases, both Resource and Military.

Players will now start with a Headquarters base, which will produce both Iron and Money. Your Headquarters will act as a Resource and Military Base which can also be used to train units, it cannot be Conquered or Destroyed.

With this, we will also be increasing the Resource Production on Early Levels of the base, so players have higher resource production in the earlier stages of the game. Your Headquarters will have 50 Levels to upgrade corresponding to your Military Rank. This will be updated in the Guides tomorrow!

Military Bases will primarily be used for battles, they can be built anywhere in the world and can be destroyed. Since your Headquarters now produces units, we will be removing Capital Protection.

We are introducing a new matchmaking system, which will put squads head to head with Squads at their level according to the Leaderboard, and will be allocated a capital to fight at. To promote fairplay and competitiveness, the capital selected will be the capital (or closest available) of the squad ranked lower on the Leaderboard.

Capitals will now be open for 15 Hours, Points will be awarded every 3 hours to the Squad that controls the majority of Capital. The Leagues will be divided by Squad Position, similar to the Player Leaderboard - Meaning players can drop Leagues if they lose:

Squads will require a minimum of 5 Players at Military Rank 25 to participate in the Squad Leaderboard, and be matchmade with another squad. Once Matchmade, both squads will compete for 15 hours at the selected Capital, and cycles will be on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. Leaders/Captains can opt to participate in the next cycle through their the Capital Objective panel.

To prevent players having to worry about Transport calculations and Steal capacities. All ground units in World War Online will now be automatically transported, and movement speed is now standardized to 3 Minutes per District and continues to be 2 Hours for Intercontinental movement.

Given the changes to both Steal, Unit Movement and Transport, we will be removing the CH-47 Chinook, C-17 Globemaster and Charles Gaulle from the game as they are no longer required.

After reviewing the changes this season, we are redesigning the Unit Costs: Normal Units will now cost Iron, and all Supreme Units will cost Money - this way players can build Normal and Supreme units using separate resources. Information on new Unit costs can be found in the Guides tomorrow.

To promote a healthier gameplay experience for all players, outside of the Capital cycles, we will be adding a new way that players can gain Resources.

Players will now be able to Gain resources by Killing Units both offensively and defensively, earning a percentage of their Production cost, so long as they win the battle.

Players will no longer require specialized steal units, meaning you can use your real army to go hunting around districts to steal resources. Stealing will now require a slightly bigger army which can then be retaliated against - so be prepared to defend after you steal resources!

We'll be making some changes to the Battlefield format. Navy units will now be placed on the back line and can no longer be placed on the side of the battlefield. With this we'll also be reducing length of the battlefield, whilst increasing the width, to give more strategical control over unit positioning.

Along with this, it came to our attention that Navy Units were being used in a way that did not allow for much countering in many situations, therefore we have reduced the Range of all Navy Units except the Los Angeles and Akula (as they are anti-navy). In other words, Navy units will no longer be able to attack the entire battlefield.

Season will start Tuesday, 9:30AM UTC. Good news, battles will be available on Season start and Capitals will open on Thursday!

That's it from us, may your battles be epic and your victories sweet.
Good luck and Have Fun on the Battlefield, Commanders!

Comments

Login to add a comment.
Fiend - 19:54, 14 August
Hello! xD
Thank you for your resources!
20:13, 14 August
Won't happen again!
20:15, 14 August
Well played!
20:41, 14 August
Good luck!
20:41, 15 August
Go Go cr7
21:59, 15 August
AngrySuzaku - 11:38, 13 August
ChillTime, I have a great idea. One that will completely broke, sorry, balance the game. We need a limit of how many units we can build every day. Let's say: 200K units. That way it would take longer to rebuild than to kill someone's army. Right now I spend 30 minutes to kill a full army, and he can rebuild in 15 minutes if he buys. Not fair. We shouldn't be allowed to rebuild that quick. It should take weeks to rebuild. Buyers can buy all they want, because they won't be allowed to build more daily than a non buyer. This would be the great balance. Please :D
Kidding suzaku :) dnt be mad at me, im a good kid
16:41, 14 August
Don't worry :) let's have fun next time. I hope I manage to crack your gameplay because last time it cost me many units trying to attack you :O
17:10, 14 August
Sure, next time ill be able to attack in cap, not just to stand :)
21:06, 14 August
You should join our squad :) make things more balanced. It's fun to be on the top of the food chain, but make sure you guys don't eat all your prey, as there will be nobody else to play with :D
13:50, 15 August
Well, maybe i would join u if u hadnt striked my units at the beggining of ed :P
18:07, 15 August
AngrySuzaku - 15:13, 15 August
Mongols! Come back here! We're not done yet. Bring everything you have. It's time for the last battle. Come on!! We had great fights, fight to the last man, like you did last night.
AngrySuzaku - 13:53, 15 August
We'd really like to know the cap warfare of our fight...
AKALMFAO - 22:05, 14 August
Capital Warfare will be open from 05:30 am to 8:30 pm.
Yeah sure, let me sacrifice my sleep and my work. And instead let me play wwo all day today!!
For my teammates(Romanians)- the capital opens from 2:30 am to 5:30 pm. Its way worse for them :/
People usually play this game during night and free times. So, instead of making the capital open in such odd times. Make it playable for all. :/
(10 am to 1 am) or (12 pm to 3 am) would be best
22:10, 14 August
You have to fight to visit in the rival capital, why the fight would have to be with the schedule that suits you if you are the visitor?
22:18, 14 August
The caps should be open for 24 hours. That would give equal advantage to everyone. Equal amount of hours to play. This timezone which was introduced few seasons ago it's counter productive :)
12:44, 15 August
AngrySuzaku - 11:08, 15 August
Capital Warfare is broken. The damage we see in Romania vs Mongolia was all done in the first 30-60 minutes. There should be millions of damage since 9 mongols armies were fighting us constantly till the last unit :D
AKALMFAO - 07:13, 15 August
Chilltime please look into Feedback report no. 18140 quickly please.
Thanks in advance
YWHW - 06:28, 13 August
http://prntscr.com/g7u5lv
Can we get this one on there, ct? please
Yes lets make it, come on chilltime.
17:22, 13 August